Be a Guest Blogger!
New perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged here at the Inside Discover Policing Blog. If you are a professional, expert, student, or educator in law enforcement or the criminal justice field, we’d love for you to share your knowledge and experience as a guest blogger.
The purpose of the Discover Policing Blog is to give contemporary insight into the law enforcement profession as a means to inform jobseekers and encourage diverse audiences to consider careers in policing. As such, the content possibilities are endless – essentially anything that may be relevant to folks interested in law enforcement or law enforcement careers is fair game. Here are some ideas:
- Tips/advice for police applicants
- Police training and education; fields of study
- Unique jobs, experiences, cases, investigations
- Responses to current events in law enforcement
- Current research of interest to jobseekers
- Insight into a specific type of agency or type of job
- Academy, field training, or ride-along experiences
- Reviews of police procedural shows, movies, or books (how “real” are they)
Also, hiring agencies, you are welcome to blog about why your jurisdiction is a great place to work. This can be a great tandem piece to a job listing on our site.
** Please note: Submissions that blatantly promote commercial interests, products, sites, or services are not consistent with our purpose and will likely be dismissed.
- Submission of 500 words or less
- Author name
- Job title
- City, State
- Contact info
- Web site
Routine guest bloggers may be invited to have their bio included on our Contributors page.
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. The editorial staff of the Inside Discover Policing Blog reserves the right to reject any submission we deem inappropriate or inconsistent with our mission. You’re welcome to run an idea passed us in advance or contact us with questions.